The Funeral Directors Services Association of Greater Chicago (FDSA) was founded in 1880. In 1962 it merged with an association of auto livery chauffeurs and took on its present name. FDSA resulted from a merger of two associations in 1962. One of the merged groups, that of funeral directors and embalmers, began in 1880 while the other group, representing livery owners, began in 1914. Our current membership consists of union and non-union funeral homes and their branches, funeral livery operators and service firms, and supplier firms.