Board & Committee Development
The continued growth and vitality of an association is directly related to its ability to attract knowledgeable, committed and dedicated volunteer leaders to serve on its standing committees and board of directors. The development of a strong, capable board is the result of decisive, careful planning, not chance.
SEVEN12 Management will help your association to properly train, orient and develop your key leaders, in order to maximize potential. Like many other skills, an individual's ability to serve his or her association is a combination of interest, commitment and training. SEVEN12 Management commitment to leadership development and volunteer orientation has provided enhanced opportunities and success for each of our clients.
Board and committee training will enable members to properly focus their energies on the key responsibilities of:
- Providing a vision for the future
- Keeping the organization's mission current and vital
- Developing strategic plans and objectives
- Ensuring the financial solvency of the organization
- Enhancing the association's image with members and the general public
- Communications strategies and relationship-building to provide contacts between association members and elected officials, and to present associations' positions on key issues
- Guiding and supporting the executive director and staff
- Creating an environment for success
Strategic Thinking & Decision-Making
Associations are not-for-profit businesses formed to assist their members' / customers' success in their industry/marketplace. Through the process of regular strategic thinking, SEVEN12 Management assists association leaders in making their dreams (vision) become reality (action plans).
By engaging in the process of strategic thinking, and by making the important decisions about what to do, and what not to do, an organization's leadership takes the necessary time to visualize future opportunities, and then to convert those visions into clear, accountable action steps, to be managed by the standing committees and staff. For many volunteer leaders, this process can be the most enjoyable of activities. By drawing on the knowledge, insight and experience of the association's leadership, the organization can create goals and objectives which may result in exciting new programs, services and benefits for the association and its membership.
SEVEN12 Management's experienced associates will help guide your leadership through the strategic process, and will assist in managing the resultant decisions. Typically, the process involves any or all of the following components:
- Setting a vision for the future
- Identifying the organization's mission
- Understanding the organizational life cycle
- Defining association functions and goals
- Analysis of current realities affecting the industry
- Analysis of future trends and impacts
- Redefining the role of board and staff members
- Review of members' needs and interests, as well as those of their customers
- Development of strategies and tactics
- Development and management of action steps
- Allocating available resources for maximum benefit